Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Handling of Departmental Issues

I had a presentation this afternoon regarding some issues in the department that need to be corrected. The topic was about Laundry and Housekeeping Operation.
First I spoke about learning as a continuous process and that there were three primary senses Housekeeper's use in order for learning process to take place, they are senses of listening, seeing and touching.When we listen around 25% TO 50% of learning takes place, when we see how things are done 50% to 75% of learning takes place but the most important part is when we use the sense of touch which is hands-on learning, 75% to 100% of learning takes place.Then we discuss the issues one by one with corrective measures. After summarizing the issues with recommended procedures, it is time for them to put corrective measures into action.

1 comment:

  1. As the laundry area is where the source of delays in the job performance of the Housekeepers, I stayed and focus my attention into this area as my first step in making the procedure discussed on my prsentation get established. I checked the stock of stained linen and towels, sorted out between the discarded and items that can be salvaged and put back in circulation once the stained are spotted, rubbed and lastly soaked. At the end of the shift I had seen the linen room getting filled up with linen and towels again when yesterday there was nothing available on the shelves. Now I know that tomorrow there will be something that the housekeepers will be able to start with. I have to make sure that the laundry attendant does this procedure on a daily basis to minimise discarding items and most especially money being wasted.

    ReplyDelete