Friday, July 10, 2009

Sand Dunes Experience

I often go to beaches while I was working in the Gulf Region. My colleagues and some of my staff used to go for swimming especially where the sand dunes were located. I enjoyed and at the same time will catch my breath when I saw cars on a very steep angle of the sand dunes. Most of the time there are group of four wheel drive cars having a race on the sand dunes. When those drivers came down in groups to the beach and saw that most of them were young drivers, I was shocked and couldn't believe that they can put their lives at risk just for fun of it. Everytime I watched the race events or competition going on at the sand dunes, I couldn' help but imagine what might have happened if the car will roll over from top of the sand dunes to the bottom.

One day our General Manager proposes a Management picnic at the beach which is around 30 minutes further than the beach I used to go by car. We were altogether had 12 four wheel drive cars to fill-up and occupy. When we reached the side of the sand dunes, all the drivers got off from their cars and started releasing the air from the tires to the level that they were almost flat to the ground. I was nervous since we were told that we all gonna pass by the sand dunes to reach the picnic site. We were all on top of the sand dunes and each driver was trying to find the easy way to reach the site when suddenly our driver just yell and say "Hang on" and after that he pushes the car accelerator as far as he could and then we found ourselves sort of flying on the air and the car for some reason did not roll over but instead we landed with the wheels hitting the ground first and the jolt created bruises on different parts of our body and my bruise didn't entirely dissappear for almost a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment